Sunday, March 29, 2009

Adam and Charlie Quotes....


Adam, plain as day, "Mom" and, "Dadada"

Charlie, riding in the car, "Mom, are you a woman?"
I respond, "yes."
Charlie gives a disappointed sigh.
I say, "Don't you want me to be a woman?"
Charlie says, "No, I want you to be my Mom."

Charlie over time (originally in the sidebar of the blog):
  • This morning: "Daddy, do I feel better? I'm sorry for throwing up."
  • He was in the tub with Adam. He kind of got stuck between Adam's bath seat and the far end of the tub, where his toys are. Clearly frustrated, he said, "AAAh, get me back North!"
  • I heard him come clambering into the dining room from the hall. He hollered out, "Mommy, I tripled!" (He had tripped.)
  • Referring to his bath water: "This is not perfect."
  • Last night when Charlie took his bath, I stepped out of the room. You know our house is so small that we can hear every noise he makes. Adam was in his exersaucer right next to the tub. He loves to be in the bathroom while Charlie's playing in the tub. Anyway, I think both Christian and I were ignoring his crazy tub behavior, becauase neither of us wanted to sit in there and play 'dinasours' with him. When I came around the corner to check on him, it had not been long, I could see that the entire bathroom was covered in water. Next, I saw that Adam was soaked!!!! Of course, I yelled at Christian, because that's what you do, right? Then, I yelled at Charlie. Then, I started cleaning it up. Charlie knew he was in trouble. He sat there quietly remorseful. Adam wasn't making a sound, either. As I'm mopping it up with a towel, I looked up at Charlie and tried not to smile. He looked right at me and said, "Mommy, it's not your fault."
  • Charlie likes to pretend that he goes to school. Sometmes, he pretends that I've been at school, too. Yesterday I was in the kitchen making dinner. When he came into the kitchen he said, "How's school, Mom?" I said, "School's great!" Then, he said, "What did you learn today?" I said,"Well, I'm making a new recipe, so I learned how to cook a new dinner." He said, "I'm so proud of you, Mommy!"
  • Charlie was on his way to throw away Adams diaper when he said, "Gretchen, you like to play catch with the diaper?"
  • The following is a list of questions that Charlie asked me yesterday while driving in the car: "So, so, my question is this...why does the snow melt?" "So, so, so my question is this...why do berries grow on trees?" "So, so, so my question is this...how do our bodies grow?" "So, my question is this...how do cars go?" And last night at home he asked, "So, my question is this, how do our bodies grow?" Unbelievable!
  • Charlie, to his Uncle Brian and his family, as they were leaving our house: They are on the porch, and he cries, "I told you not to go!"
  • Charlie, on the moon: "The moon comes up, then it goes down. The moon is big, then it gets small."

No comments: