Monday, September 14, 2009

End of Summer Fun

First, I must apologize for being so long in between posts. It's just not okay. We have had a wonderful summer. It's flown by. Our Labor Day trip to St George was not photographed. I didn't have my camera. Bummer! See, all of you people who laugh at me for carrying my camera around. It's not fun to not have pictures! I'll try to be better about posting. The boys are constantly changing, especially Adam. We can't miss it!Above: Charlie and I went on our first real hike together. We hiked Ensign Peak, and he was awesome! I only held him on a really steep spot where I didn't want him to fall. Otherwise, he did it all with his own two wonderful little legs!
Below: We had our friends the Nuttalls over for dinner. Jacob and Christian were outside. Michelle and I were in the kitchen. When we decided to check on the kids we found them sliding down the stairs on the couch cushions. Pretty clever! You can see that Charlie's not pleased about having to stop!

The best thing about my birthday is chocolate as often as possible! The boys surprised me with chocolate cake and flowers for breakfast. I'm a lucky girl. 33's not so bad.


Charlie's doing great at riding his bike (with training wheels). Christian took him to buy his first helmet. You knew it was going to be the coolest helmet they could find. Charlie loves it!
We had another trip to the zoo. My friend Courtney came with her boys, Sam and Max. We have so many babies at the zoo right now; tigers, a snow leopard, a baby elephant, a baby giraffe. Pretty fun!





Charlie and Adam both love it when Estelle comes to play. She's like their little sweetheart.
We had a really fun time swimming at the Bountiful Rec Center with the Wyatt girls. Charlie has asked a few times, "When can we go back to that Rock Center?"

Adam is enjoying his independance. We have to be careful not to leave the door open in our room, even for fresh air. Adam will open the screen door and let himself out to play. He's a lot of fun!


He's at the age of always looking like he was beaten!
Charlie and I were downstairs doing some laundry. We weren't down there that long, but I could hear Adam whining. When we came back up, we found Adam all tangled up in the net on Charlie's soccer goal.
Adam wants to be a big boy, just like Charlie. He loves to do whatever Charlie is doing. He's trying to repeat every word you tell him to say. It's all jibber jab, but it's so fun. His regular words are Mama, Dada, eee (eat), nana (banana), num (yummy), baba (bottle), bye (whether he's saying hi or bye, he waves his cute little hand), hi, heyo (hell0), go (means both let's go, and where did it go). He likes to throw his little stuffed crab out of his crib in the morning. When you go in his room to get him he kind of runs around in his crib with his little hands up saying, "go? go?" His latest thing this week is he likes to kiss his reflection. Whether it's in a mirror, or in a window, he'll do a tiny little pucker with his lips and give himself a kiss. He even makes a little smack sound. It's adorable!

2 comments:

Rawkmedicine said...

I’ll let you off the hook this time!

Keep up the good work, pictures are better!

Adam

angie said...

Hey Alicia, I saw that Cami had a link to your blog, so I took a peek. You have two darling little boys! It was great seeing pictures of Sheri and Denise. I haven't seen them in ages! It looks like life is treating you well. I love, love, love your hair...can I covet? Cami said she was able to talk with you at the funeral a few months ago. We really need to have that Hyde Park girls reunion sometime! Summer is over, but now we can enjoy the Fall! Lots of Love!
Angela Hammond